Senior Data Scientist
SaaS Technology Provider
£50,000 - £62,000
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join as a Senior Data Scientist within an exciting and ambitious scale-up who have grown to nearly 250 employees operating in excess of 200 territories providing sales management to a host global brands aiding the marketing of those brands to propel them to levels they could never have envisaged.
The Product team comprised of Data Scientist, Product Owners & Software Engineers is now searching for a new Senior Data Scientist to join; this position offers excellent development prospects as well as an opportunity to work side by side with the Head of Data Science to employ new and innovative techniques to deliver on a vast array of projects.
The successful candidate will play a key role in product development, offering guidance and knowledge to other members of the team, working closely with Product Owners & Software Engineers alike to deliver consistent results for clients. You will be expected to leverage an academic background in some form or computational or statistical based degree as well as demonstrable experience in a commercial environment working as part of a heterogeneous and multi-disciplinary team to enrich the businesses SaaS platform with new data-driven and state of the art features. You will also be responsible for the mentoring and tutelage of some of the more junior members in the team.
- At least 3 years’ experience operating within a commercial environment
- A postgraduate qualification in a quantitative field or computer sciences-based degree
- Experience with Machine Learning techniques in either commercial of academia is necessary
- You must have experience with open sources tools, preferably Python
- Previous experience handling large datasets using Spark, Hadoop or other tools is extremely advantageous
- Experience working with a cloud-based product, preferably Google Cloud
- Some demonstrable leadership experience is required to be a successful applicant
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills to cover any challenges and ensure opportunities are effectively communicated.
If this opportunity sounds like it may be of interest to you, please apply now.
You must be eligible to work in the UK without sponsorship.