#Job No. 1540.
Lead Data Scientist
Bio-informatics Research Organisation
£60,000 - £85,000
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join as a Lead Data Scientist within an exciting and ambitious venture capital backed start-up who are pioneering the analysis and discovery of new drugs through they’re unique technology platform that curate’s valuable data, often missed in structured biomedical databases.
A small and growing team based in Manchester; this business is made up of some of the countries best and brightest minds within Biomedical research and sciences. Their mission is to develop important therapeutic innovations and advance the most impressive biomedical innovations.
The successful candidate will play a key role in product development, offering guidance and knowledge to other members of the team, whilst also playing a large part in the overall strategy and direction of product road mapping. You will be expected to leverage both a background in Biomedical, bioinformatics or network pharmacology pairing it with the development of innovative and technical solutions for computational biology, text mining, natural language processing and data science orientated problems.
- At least 3 years’ commercial experience with within a biotech environment
- A postgraduate qualification in a quantitative field or computer sciences based degree
- Experience with Natural Language Processing or a similar field
- You must have experience with open sources tools such as; Python, R or similar
- Experience working with a cloud platform, preferably Google Cloud
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills to cover any challenges and ensure opportunities are effectively communicated.
If this opportunity sounds like it may be of interest to you, please apply now.
You must be eligible to work in the UK without sponsorship.