Head of Data Science
Benefits: 26 days holiday, Flexible hours and location, free food and drinks, training and development.
EvolveAI are working exclusive on behalf of a growing and ambitious intelligent transport business who are looking for a Head of Data Science to join them in London. We are looking for a Data Scientist who is highly commercial and can lead a Data and Analytics team that adds a business impact and ROI. The data strategy spans the entire business from how they design and optimise routes, to product personalisation to automated reporting to optimising our partner supply network of vehicles. This is an opportunity to lead the data team; defining the direction, building the team and having a major impact on the success of a company poised to become a global-leader in shared mobility.
- Defining and improving how they collect, manage and leverage internal and external data sources to identify, build and optimise profitable services.
- Using similar techniques to optimise internal and supply partner operations as they scale.
- Developing solutions and models using appropriate machine learning approaches (including both well established techniques and the latest in research)
- Defining and leading a portfolio of data science projects that can deliver business value, using your deep understanding of the business and our customers and partners.
- Playing a proactive, leading role in providing data science input to product strategy, design and road-mapping, supporting to select appropriate solutions to business opportunities
- Working with the business across research and day-to-day activity to provide tools, insights and BI to support decision making.
- Guiding the development of the data and BI infrastructure, ensuring the business is equipped to make data-driven decisions and that they have the infrastructure for scale.
- Recruiting and leading a team of data scientists, engineers and analysts as they scale.
- Educating the business to operationalise the use of data throughout the company.
- Have strong experience in working in a data science team within a scaling organisation.
- Bachelor's/Master's/PhD in STEM (Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, Engineering)
- Excellent knowledge of data science tools and languages, including, R, Python coding, SQL and production tools.
- Deep understanding of fundamentals of probability and statistics
- Deep interest in the field of behavioural economics; fascinated by why people make certain decisions
- Be commercially astute and be driven by commercial success and growth
- Have experience working with large location data sets
- Be able to think big and also dive into the detail when necessary